The New York Times Travel Show Consumer Survey Sweepstakes Official Rules
The New York Times Travel Show 2020 Consumer Survey Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Sponsor: The New York Times Company, 620 Eighth Avenue, New York, N.Y. 10018 (“Sponsor”).
- Eligibility: The New York Times Travel Show 2020 Consumer Survey Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry, registered to receive The New York Times Consumer Survey email blast (the “Email”). Employees of The New York Times Company, its parent and affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on Thursday, February 6, 2020, and ends on Friday, February 14, 2020 (the “Promotion Period”). Entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. ET on Friday, February 14, 2020. One (1) winner will be randomly chosen on or about Monday, February 17, 2020, and notified via email within three (3) business days. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, The New York Times Travel Show Consumer Survey will be sent to attendees of the 2020 Travel Show and attendees of previous years’ Travel Shows. Email recipients will be asked to complete The New York Times Travel Show Consumer Survey and can opt to follow the on-screen instructions to submit an “Entry” in the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) entry per person during the Promotion Period. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and log ins, or any other methods will void that Entrant’s entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. ET on Friday, February 14, 2020. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Alternate Method of Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes without completing The New York Times Travel Show Consumer Survey, you may enter by hand printing your complete name, address, city, state, zip code, month/year of birth, and email address on a plain piece of 8 ½” x 11” paper, inserting it into an envelope, affixing sufficient postage and mailing it to: “2020 Travel Show Consumer Survey Sweepstakes,” ATTN: Robbie Magat, 620 8th Avenue, New York, NY 10018. Each Entry must be mailed separately. Maximum one (1) mail-in entry per Entrant. All mail-in Entries must be postmarked and received during the Promotion Period to be eligible for the Sweepstakes. No mechanically reproduced mailed Entries permitted. Not responsible for lost, late, illegible, mutilated, postage-due, misdirected Entries, or Entries not received in time for the random drawing.
- Grand Prize Drawing: One (1) winner will be determined in a random drawing to be conducted on or about Monday, February 17, 2020, from all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified by email, mail or phone. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit within the required time period, potential winner forfeits prize. Potential winner must continue to comply with these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Prize will be fulfilled approximately 4–6 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
- Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Approximate retail value of total prize package is eight hundred dollars ($800). Winner will receive as prize one (1) four (4) night stay for two (2) people at the Harmony Marina Suites in St. Lucia. Prize is nontransferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. All expenses and travel costs, including but not limited to, airfare, ground transportation, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses or incidentals are the responsibility solely of winner.
- Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, without prior notice. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor and each of its officers, directors, affiliates, related entities, partners, partnerships, principals, representatives, agents, licensees, sponsors, successors and assigns: (1) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; and (2) disclaim any implied warranty. By entering this sweepstakes, participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of the judging organization. If any activity relating to any prize is canceled or postponed for any reason, the balance of that prize will be awarded in full satisfaction of prize award.
- Disputes: All national, state and local laws and regulations apply. Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York County, New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
- Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than March 31, 2020. For the Winner List, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope after February 11, 2020, to: “The New York Times Travel Show 2020 Consumer Survey Sweepstakes Winner List,” ATTN: Robbie Magat, 620 Eighth Avenue, New York, N.Y. 10018. REQUESTS RECEIVED WITHOUT A SELF-ADDRESSED, STAMPED ENVELOPED WILL NOT BE FILLED.